Our research – for the good of your health
Our clinical studies aim to gain an even better understanding of disease processes, so that we can guarantee the best possible, individual advice and care for each patient. Our scientific interest lies in the use of lifestyle changes, especially physical exercise, to prevent and recover from cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Our main research areas:
- Sports therapy – the influence of physical activity on a wide range of illnesses (such as systolic and diastolic cardiac insufficiency and cancer, as well as obesity and metabolic syndrome in childhood and adulthood) as treatment options to complement treatment with medication alone
- The influence of acute physical strain, such as marathon running, on metabolism, immune system and cardiac function
Results of our research – we are:
- Co-founder of the sports cardiology working group of the German Cardiac Society
- Coordinator of the world’s largest studies on physical training with cardiac insufficiency
- Co-author of European and American cardiological guidelines
- Pioneer on the subject of sports therapy in cancer (especially breast and bowel cancer)
- Initiators of three international sports and cancer symposia so far
- A popular speaker at scientific conferences and further training courses for doctors
- On numerous editorial boards, including Herz, Deutsche Zeitschrift für Sportmedizin, Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, International Journal of Sports Medicine and European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
Below we present selected scientific studies.